SpamButcher Spam Filtering | Spam Protection | Spam Email | Spam News | More Stories | Email Spam Filter | Stop Spam | Directory | Block Spam | Press | Outlook Spam Filter | Junk Email Filter | Site Map
SpamButcher 1.0b contains two fixes. The first corrects a bug that may cause problems with "Known Senders." The second addresses a problem restoring messages with certain mail servers.
SpamButcher 1.0c fixes an additional problem that may cause SpamButcher not to run on some NT 4.0 systems.
SpamButcher 1.1 adds one new feature - the e-mail filter aggressiveness is now adjustable.
SpamButcher 1.1a addresses a possible performance issue when scanning some incorrectly formatted messages.
- Fixed problem restoring messages from e-mail reports if SpamButcher is not installed in the default directory.
- SMTP test messages are now sent from firstname.lastname@example.org instead of the user's e-mail address in order to provide a more accurate simulation of restoring a message.
- Minor improvement to the spam filter when evaluating corupt messages.
- Fixed problem with accounts names including commas.
- "Known Bad Senders" list allows users to block all messages from chosen addresses
- Spam checking interval may now be set as low as 30 seconds
- Checkmark is now shown over SpamButcher icon when it's checking for new spam
- Tweaked email filtering
- Improved dial-up connection detection
- Misc. user interface improvements
- Now possible to force a check for new spam by clicking SpamButcher's icon with the right mouse button.
- Misc. spam email blocker improvements
- SpamButcher no longer purges existing spam when reinstalling
- Misc. performance and troubleshooting improvements
- Junk email filter updates
- Selecting a message and pressing F8 will open the message in notepad